A medical certificate is just as important as a pilot license, and ensuring both are up-to-date should be a paramount concern for pilots and flight department managers alike. This webinar will cover the steps that flight department managers can take to help their pilots with their medical certification issues. It will also review top medical conditions that may affect pilots and tips on getting those conditions certified as well as information on minimizing downtime after a medical event.
Presenters will discuss the following:
• Creating a safety culture that encourages participation in a risk-free medical reporting process, similar to an Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP);
• Minimizing down-time for medical conditions that could otherwise be tied up in bureaucratic channels;
• Ensuring compliance with FAR 61.53 and the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA's) unwritten policies related to medications and medical protocols;
• Making sure that pilots have no reluctance to pursue health maintenance;
• Providing disability and/or loss-of-license insurance, if possible;
• Common medical conditions and how to get them certified.
• Strategies to minimize downtime after a medical event
August 19, 2010 2:00 PM Eastern
1 hour, 15 minutes