Determining the applicability of federal excise taxes, including fuel taxes, on business aviation flights is important, yet can be confusing. This NBAA webinar gives you the tools to understand which taxes apply to which flights, how to calculate the taxes due, obtaining credits and refunds, and how to properly complete the forms and remit taxes. Changes to tax rates as a result of FAA Reauthorization legislation are also discussed. This webinar is relevant to Part 91 flight departments and Part 135 commercial operators.
- FAA Regulations vs. IRS Rules
- Non Commercial Taxes (Fuel Tax)
- Commercial Taxes (Ticket Tax)
- Exceptions and Exemptions
- Collecting Transportation Taxes
- Remitting Taxes
- Regular method
- Alternative method
- Completing Tax Forms and Filing Tax Returns
- "Registered Ultimate Vendor" Rules
- Claiming Fuel Tax Refunds
- IRS Audits
- What Changes May Be Forthcoming After FAA Reauthorization Legislation?
April 29, 2010 2:00 PM Eastern
1 hour, 30 minutes